Derby Days & My Favorite Dress

This year, a group of my friends went to our first Derby Days party! It was the best excuse for us to get dressed up in our favorite Spring dresses, buy an adorable big hat, and party the afternoon away with friends!
The dress that I wore for the day is the most special dress in my closet. A couple years ago, my mom and I made it together! I grew up with my mom making me dresses, Halloween costumes, pajamas, pillows, quilts & blankets, and everything in between. I always wanted her to teach me. We started small, with pillow cases. Then we would slowly take on more difficult projects. Half the time, we would start a project and I would get too distracted doing something else that she would have to finish it. Finally, we started and finished this dress together. Took me a while to gather the skills and patience to start and finish a real sewing project! Sewing and spending the day together doing projects like these is a great bonding and learning experience. There is so much I don't know, and she is always ready to teach me. The two of us, yet again, spending our days in the craft room!
It was a lovely, fun day spent with my girls. Can't get much better than that!

Hat: Forever21 // Earrings: Kate Spade // Watch: Michael Kors (Old) // Bracelets: JCrew (Gold & Crystal Link), JCrew (Old, but this is a newer version), Alex & Ani, and Pandora // Bag: Kate Spade (Old, but this is a newer version) // Sandals: Jack Rogers

4 comments :

  1. Your starfish dress is too cute! I have that kate spade bag in a purple-ish color and love it. Found your blog/shop through Kelly In The City - thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the dress as well! Unique and cute :) I found your blog through Kelly in the City as well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looking good! I love you nail polish!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aw, thank you all! I'm glad you found my blog!

    ReplyDelete