DIY "I Love You Because" Signs

This summer, I went to two weddings for two very good friends of mine. Since I love crafting, I decided to make presents for them instead of buy them something for their registry. This project is an "I Love You Because" sign that families and couples could hang up in their house. It is such a cute place to leave notes for your other half! I got this project idea from my mom. She helped me a bunch in learning how to do it. She is such an incredible crafter!

What I used:
Wood boards
Chalkboard spray paint
White chalk
A rag
Electric sander/sandpaper
Silhouette machine (to cut vinyl)

Here are the steps!
1. Spray paint the boards using chalkboard spray paint. Do light, multiple layers. Don't overdo the coats because it could leave puddles, drip, or take a long time to dry.
2. Once they are dry, rub the entire piece of wood using the side of a piece of chalk. Cover the entire board that you plan on writing on eventually. What you are doing is priming the surface to be written on with chalk. 
3. Using the rag, rub all the chalk in to prime the surface. Then, wipe it all off.

4. Using a Silhouette machine, cut out "I Love You Because" letters. You can also use letter stickers from a craft store, or cut them out using a Cricut machine. Which ever you has access to!
5. To add a little shabby look to the side, I used an electric sander and sanded the edges of the sign, so there wasn't a hard edge. You can also use sandpaper to get this affect, it just may take longer.
6. Once you are done creating the sign, add a frame hanger to the back so you can mount it up on your wall. All done!

I sent this sign to my friends Willy & Alexa for their wedding, and they sent me a picture back! Couldn't be happier that they love their new gift!


No comments :

Comment

Post a Comment